What is native advertising?
It looks organic and the content fully corresponds to the subject. Native advertising does not cause rejection among readers when compared with traditional banner advertising. After all, it is considered more often by 53%. A quiz can also apply to native advertising. In which people can participate, with certain goods. But at the same time, no product is advertised, and such advertising is relative and relevant to the audience.
Also, every person passes it through himself every day in different channels and formats. For example, in the morning edition on the radio, the announcer broadcasts about traffic jams in different parts of your city. Along the way, he can advise a specific application to monitor this issue in real time. It is unlikely that such an advertisement will annoy someone, since it corresponds to the topic and is relevant at the moment.
In short, the purpose of native advertising is to offer the user high–quality and useful information that will meet the advertiser’s goals. That is, to be in the right place at the right time.
Advantages of native advertising
- Not afraid of AdBlock. The free AdBlock extension for Google Chrome easily cuts out banner ads, but leaves the native one, since it is an integral part of the page content.
- Bypasses banner blindness. Users have long had a strong immunity to advertising through its ubiquity. People have learned to successfully ignore it when working on the Internet, which is called banner blindness. Native advertising knows how to avoid it, because it offers readers only what they are interested in.
- It is not always perceived as advertising. Not every user will notice and identify the advertisement, for example, when listening to the morning radio, which was mentioned earlier. Someone will ignore it, and someone will determine how useful the advice is.
- Has a high credit of trust. Websites and blogs that publish native advertising are responsible for it, as they value their reputation. Reputable sites conduct a fact check before publication, that is, they check the advertiser’s service or product for quality. Moreover, the reputation and trust of the audience stimulate the sites to participate in the creation of content for native advertising for a separate cost. Therefore, regular readers will not perceive such advertising as a simple jeans.
- Multichannel and flexible format. Native advertising is well suited for any websites, blogs, applications, social networks. And it can be submitted in any format: an article, an interview, an infographic, a video, instructions, and so on.
Disadvantages of native advertising
- Requires unique content. Since native advertising differs from banner advertising, it cannot simply be launched in the form of the same format on hundreds of sites. The content must be unique and correspond to the theme of the site on which it is placed. Moreover, it should be different for each channel and format. Creating unique and high-quality content takes a lot of time and requires a specialist.
- High cost. This disadvantage is explained by the previous one. Each resource and format needs unique content that will match its specifics. A post for social networks, Photos for Instagram, an article for a blog, videos for YouTube — all this requires a separate budget allocation, because you need a specialist who will only deal with native advertising.
Types, formats and examples of native advertising
- Publications in social media news feeds
- Special Projects
- Sponsored materials